Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Group Project!

Where to begin.  Well how about the end?  Seems logical enough.  In the end our group was able to come together and create a great presentation that I am sure will earn us fine marks.  We presented our information in a well put together and informative manner.

A clever screen shot of google drive
Now...back to the beginning I hate group projects.  Don't get me wrong I enjoyed everyone in my group and enjoyed the opportunity to socialize with my classmates, but group projects scare the Sh*@ out of me.  You have to rely on, in my case, three other students who you ave never met to complete their work and do a good job on it.  SCARY!!!!!! Now no one in my group slacked off and as I mentioned before and I am fairly confident we did alright on the project, but I am morally against group projects.  The only redeeming quality of this group project was Google Drive.  Not only is it a clever program it was also very useful.  Drive was the one link in our group that never faltered.
In short I did enjoy the work we did on this project and especially enjoyed Google drive, but I would rather jump into quicksand cover in stinging bees than do group projects.

Me in front of a crowd
The presentation that we did at the end of this project I will admit was intimidating.  I am told that I am usually a very good public speaker.  The dirty truth is, I am the biggest scaredy  cat when it comes to public speaking.  So this was indeed a challenge, but I pulled through and feel as though I did very well. Here are some things I learned from the feedback of my classmates.
1) Stand up straight
2) Speak clearly
3) DO NOT fidget
4) Come prepared
5) Have fun!

Along with those I also used lifehack.org as a great reference for public speaking.

This group project presented some great challenges for me but I feel as though I came out the other side with a good grade and a more experienced young man.  My only hope is that my teacher dose not assign any more group projects because I have bees and I know a guy who can hook me up with some quick sand at a good price.

3 comments:

  1. bees???

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4MqTCIDKhU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your blog. I agree that our group did very well together especially because we never met each other before.

    ReplyDelete