Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My beliefs about technology and learning!

As I approached this class I assumed I would be working more with computers and smartboards.  I had this false sense of knowing for two reasons.  One my high school had those laptops and smartboards so I assumed that is where technology in the class stopped.  Two, I didn't read the class description which I am sure shed more light into this class.  Now that I am in this class I find that we are to use blogs and twitter to enhance my education.  I personally have one blog already but, I use that as a way to anonimouisly berate politicians and until this point have refused to even consider using Twitter.  So I approach these ideas with optimistic caution.  I had one teacher who tried to use a blog in my high school English class, he failed miserably.  To his credit he tried and for the first month he did very well but, we as a class could not grasp the idea of it.  So with a mask of confidence I will leap into the ocean of ideas that this class offers.  Though I truthfully would rather wade in wearing water wings.

5 comments:

  1. I didnt really get anything along the lines of your beliefs on technology as a part of learning for others. I only really got your opinions as technology plays into this class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you are one of my only reads that has put feeling and personal fears into their post. Thought i would to see some other thoughts on how the tech would affect teaching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very pleased that you could sense my feelings and fears. That is exactly waht I was going for! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I like your vocabulary in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When teachers try to use technology that is beyond their understanding, it can definitely be a huge distraction for the students. Every instructor should always make sure they know what they're doing before they do it in front of their class!

    ReplyDelete