Friday, September 7, 2012

Two more for the blog roll


He's smiling cause He's cutting your funding.
I have found two more blogs to add to my blog roll.  I felt the need to add blogs that included all my my interests in one.  I didn't find any that could do that but, I did find some that included several of my interest.  One Example is Politics K-12.  This blog takes modern politics and focuses on how they affect kids in the classroom, hence k-12.  In the article Obama Warns of Ed. Cuts, Touts Vision on K-12 the blog describes President Obama's plan for the educational future of our country. As a Secondary Social studies major(with a minor in political science) I find this blog to combine a fair amount of politics and how they affect the educational setting.  I will be continuing to follow this blog as I graduate and become a professional as it will show insite as to how policy makers affect my job.  The second blog also combines two of my great passions, being a huge closet nerd, and being a huge closet nerd.  This blog is called GeekAlerts.  This blog informs the reader about up coming technological advancements.  I feel that it is important to keep up with technology because it will help me each in the future.

The video below is of a well respected English literature professor.  He explains the positives of using technology in the classroom.  Be warned he is British.








3 comments:

  1. Geek Alerts was certainly fun to check out. If that sort of stuff is interesting to you, i suggest you check out Topless Robot. lots of fun news and opinions about geeky/nerdy stuff. http://www.toplessrobot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the blog "politics k-12" is really cool because, like you said, it talks about how politics affect kids in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a very nice job describing both the blogs and a recent post by the one. The video at the end seems to be thrown in for no reason though, maybe a little better segway into why its in the post.

    ReplyDelete